Thursday, October 8, 2009

I have long/ thick/dry/frizzy/curly hair due to my latin heritage. All i want to do is be able to we

When i wear my hair down it becomes a big dry frizzy afro without any curl definition. I don't anythging that will make it straight. I want to be able to wear it out curly. What are the best products that i can use in order to achieve my goals?



I have long/ thick/dry/frizzy/curly hair due to my latin heritage. All i want to do is be able to wear it down

Ooo, girl I'm Latina tambien with the same type of hair.



First off, we need to start by improving hair from the inside. Drink about 8 cups of water daily, eat plently of protein, fruits, vegetable, and omega 3 fatty acids (found in fish).



Latin, Biracial, African-American, and Mediterranean hair tends to be dryer than Caucasian hair, so moisture is a must. Buy a good, salon-quality moisturizing shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, and leave-in conditioner.



Try not to wash your hair everyday if you can help it, and if you have to wash it everyday, do not use shampoo daily because it strips hair of natural moisture and oils. Do use conditioner daily. Go in the shower, wet your hair, and apply a good amount of conditioner. It's better to brush it now because it will minizmize breakage. Then after about 10 minutes, wash it out with warm water and finish with a cool/cold water rinse for shine.



Squeeze excess water out of hair and start by using a leave-in conditioner to protect hair from UV Rays, and harsh chemicals in mousse, gel, etc. You might want to scrunch with a gel, mousse, but try not to use hairspray. It never works with scrunching curls.



You might also want to use a deep conditioning treament weekly or biweekly. Use a salon-quality one, because there really is a difference in it from very cheap products.



I made a FreeWebs just as a thing for myself to keep track of good products, but I listed some very good products along with good haircare websites if you want to look.



http://www.freewebs.com/fashionmami/



When your hair is dry, do NOT brush it because that is what makes it into an afro. Also, if you can't wash it because it's a very little time to get ready, seperate hair into about 8 sections. Wet the sections with water and put in leave-in conditioner. Brush out the section and then twist, then scrunch using gel. Do this to each section, one by one.



Along with gel to scrunch, you may want to buy a curl booster. This will tighten and define curls and will also help keep frizz to a minimum or rid it completely.



Hope I helped!



I have long/ thick/dry/frizzy/curly hair due to my latin heritage. All i want to do is be able to wear it down

Ok, my hair was insaly thick, so I kinda know what you mean when it goes crazy on ya. See if you can get layers in your hair. My hair now weighs like, twenty pounds less! I would ask a hair stylist and see what they have to say.



Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:))))



I have long/ thick/dry/frizzy/curly hair due to my latin heritage. All i want to do is be able to wear it down

u should proly get it thinned out,and use sum gel or mouss,that always helps,good luck!XD



I have long/ thick/dry/frizzy/curly hair due to my latin heritage. All i want to do is be able to wear it down

I have thick curly hair myself. I use Curls Rock by Catwalk and it works well for taming the frizzies. Catwalk has other products for curly hair that can be used with Curls Rock that may offer additional control if you need it.



I have long/ thick/dry/frizzy/curly hair due to my latin heritage. All i want to do is be able to wear it down

I have very curly, thick hair as well. The key is to try and keep it condtioned and also use products designed for curly hair. I love Catwalk Curls Rock shampoo and conditioner. They have built in curl enhancers in them and it makes me once dry hair feel soft. I also use Tresemme curl defining mousee and it works wonders! I get people asking me all the time if I have a spiral perm because it defines my curls so well. Once you style your wet hair try to not mess with it in any way. THe more you play with curly hair the frizzier it gets. ANd if you blow dry....air drying is best....use a diffuser.



Hope that helps and good luck!



I have long/ thick/dry/frizzy/curly hair due to my latin heritage. All i want to do is be able to wear it down

well first of all, what shampoo are you using? because i recommend Garnier Fructis Curl %26amp; Shine. It works really well, and adds moisture. Dont forget to use the conditioner.



This may sound gross, but what i do is i shampoo my hair maybe only twice a week, and condition it everytime i shower. shampooing takes away moiture, and volume too. But if your hair gets greasy easily this wont be a good idea. you might want to try it, hopefully it works!



I have long/ thick/dry/frizzy/curly hair due to my latin heritage. All i want to do is be able to wear it down

My hair always frizzed up really bad. Then I went to a hair salon and had it trimmed and layered which helped. They also suggested a gel that I put in my hair before I style it. It's called super skinny and it seems to help keep the frizzies down. I also use a straightening iron on mine so that I have straight hair. If you want to keep curls try the gels for curls.



I have long/ thick/dry/frizzy/curly hair due to my latin heritage. All i want to do is be able to wear it down

Hey Check out these websites.. they sell products made just for you and me!! The curly head girls!!



www.frizzoff.com Go to the hair gallery and look at how the product works on their hair. Lots of people recommend the Curl Keeper. I wordered a travel pack so I havent tried it yet



for mixed hair go to www.mixedchicks.net



they sell hair products for mixed people hair. I bough this too but Im waiting for it to arrive...



and Here's another good website www.curlmart.com they sell ALL KINDS of hair products for curly headed people and I bought some stuff here too.



I bought the Curl Junkie hair creams and Calming Curls (smoethin like that.. its in a brown bottle)



This website has been a miracle for me. I have wild curly hair too and it gets annoying.



Also try the sun-silk hair cream it workss for mee too. Use that until you fnid what u want to order

No comments:

Post a Comment