Thursday, October 8, 2009

I have thick,really curly hair, and i have so much body. any tips on styles or anything?

My hair is the same way, and believe me, it's hard to manage. I wouldn't recommend layering it like some people have been saying it because it gives your hair added volume (it gets lighter and consequently frizzier -- not a good idea). However, I've found that getting my hair cut to about shoulder length, basically straight across, and then getting "reverse layers" (the hair underneath is cut just a little bit shorter than the outside hair) helps your hair to lay flatter. To manage some of the body (I would assume that you mean that your hair is frizzy), when my hair is wet, I apply a gel and a leave in conditioner, and let my hair dry naturally. (If you blow dry it, it gets frizzier -- this method keeps my hair curly but not frizzy, drastically reducing the volume). I've also found that straightening my hair works wonders (unless you like curly hair, lol). I use a CHI tourmaline / ceramic straightener -- I loooove it, it's the only straightener that works on my hair and believe me, I've tried a lot, lol -- and a heat protectant, and it will usually stay straight for a few days. Another good idea is to use a wide barelled curling iron on top of your natural curls because it will decrease the volume a little bit and make your hair look better put together (and most people don't even know the difference!!). A great shampoo and conditioner set to use is Sunsilk, in the green bottle, to tame frizz -- it's actually the only shampoo that I've found that works for my hair (frizz-ease and a lot of other products tend to discolor your hair / make it greasy). I hope that these ideas work for you -- they did for me!! Good luck and enjoy your more manageable hair!!!



I have thick,really curly hair, and i have so much body. any tips on styles or anything?

how about layering it so that there isn't a lot of volume towards the bottom half of your hair; I have curly hair too (except it's thin) and for me layering really helps. Or you could place it in a bun or pony tail and letting some of the curls fall?



I have thick,really curly hair, and i have so much body. any tips on styles or anything?

check the links below for beauty tips to:-- * Hairstyle ideas - tips and tricks-



http://homebeautytips.blogspot.com/2006/...



I have thick,really curly hair, and i have so much body. any tips on styles or anything?

My hair is the same way... I would definitely recommend getting LONG layers put in to mimimize the triangular look and allow the hair to curl into ringlets instead of being too bushy.



The key, I have found is to not use shampoo too often- and to use the right products. I shampoo only about twice per week, but I do soak all of my hair and condition the ends every morning, which keeps it clean and smelling good. Good products are the key. It can get pricey, but I think it is worth it. I absolutely love the Bumble and Bumble line called "curl-conscious". I spray the tonic on my head while it is still really wet, then comb it through. Next I use the Bumble and Bumble curling creme. Next I emulsify some Coconut Oil Hair Shine from The Body Shop, flip my head over and scrunch the ends to allow the curls to get some definition. (All of the above steps MUST HAPPEN WHILE THE HAIR IS WET) Then.... and this is the most important part: DON'T TOUCH IT OR LET ANYONE BRUSH IT. LET IT AIR DRY or, I find that the heater in my car works great to get it dry before I get to the office. Headbands with teeth can work, but the teeth have to be at least an inch or so apart, so that it doesn't wreck the ringlets. As for formal occasions, a loose bun with tendrils is simple, classy and what all of the straight haired people wish that they had. Oh, the Frizz-Ease, Aussie, Sebastian and Garnier Fructise lines work pretty well, too. I am 30 years old, and have done a ton of research on this.



Straighteners are okay, but I find that they always leave a crimp at the top of my head, and people always ask me why I messed with my hair.



Good luck, the good news is that when your hair is good, it is really really good, and you don't have to be generic.



I have thick,really curly hair, and i have so much body. any tips on styles or anything?

Let's see, I have the same type of hair as you do and i have it cute short, it is a lyerd bob, and it looks glamorous. I put in sunsilk (the blue bottle) and it makes my hair shiny and garnier hard curl gel that makes my curls maneagable and not the slightest bit poofy or frizzy



I have thick,really curly hair, and i have so much body. any tips on styles or anything?

try this site

No comments:

Post a Comment