Thursday, October 8, 2009

Whats a good short hair cut for really thick and wavy hair? i want to donate my hair to locks of lov

Hi, a good haircut is important but the right styling products/technique can be just as important!



For the cut: I recommend lots of layers and the use of thinning techniques with a bit of razoring.



For the styling: It's important to use the right products for your hair, too. I put some lightweight gel in my hair when it's wet. Then use a little bit of styling wax while I 'finger twist/curl' small chunks of hair. Then I blow it dry for a little bit with a diffuser while scrunching the hair. A shot of hairspray helps keep it looking good all day!



It sounds like a lot of work but it's not really that much. I have thick curly/wavy hair and this works well.



Good luck and way to go on the "locks of love" donation!!



:)



Whats a good short hair cut for really thick and wavy hair? i want to donate my hair to locks of love!?

Contact the chapter you're donating to and they can probably hook you up with a stylist who can make suggestions. Never having had curly hair, I can't suggest anything more.



PS Locks of Love is a great thing to do. You're a special person!



Whats a good short hair cut for really thick and wavy hair? i want to donate my hair to locks of love!?

Keep in mind that there is a minimum lenghth of hair you have to donate before Locks of Love will accept it. When I donated it was something like ten inches, so I donated 12.



The end result was that I only had enough hair for a razor bob. Which, for me, was all fine and dandy, because I wanted a style that is wash and go. (my hair is the same type as yours, SUPER thick and wavy, but I have a very coarse texture)



Generally when donating to LoL, girls with longer hair have more options for styling their hair than shorter haired girls, because they may have more left over when the minimum is donated. If you have REEEAALLY long hair, you may be able to keep your hair shoulder length, and do whatever you want to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment